Public transport in Lublin
You may travel around Lublin either by bus or trolleybus. Timetables are available on the official website of MPK Lublin.
Resolution No. 762/XXXIII/2009 by the City Council in Lublin of 18 June 2009 concerning charges for transport services of persons by means of local public transport prescribed by the City Transportation Authorities in Lublin under art. 18 par. 2 point 15, art. 40 par. 1, art. 41 par. 1, art. 42 to the Act of 8 March 1990 on Commune Local Government (consolidated text Dz.U. [Journal of Laws] of 2001 No. 142, item 1591 as amended), art. 34 par. 2 to the Act of 17 November 1984. Transport Law (Dz.U. [Journal of Laws] of 2000 No. 50, item 601 as amended) art. 8 par. 1 to the Act of 5 July 2001 on prices (Dz.U. [Journal of Laws], item 1050 as amended), the City Council in Lublin resolves as follows:
Transport of persons by means of local public transport delegated by the City Transportation Authorities is chargeable and is based on:
1) Regular tickets - tickets authorising single-trips on every line from the initial bus stop to terminus/destination without the possibility to transfer to other means of transport; validity is counted from the moment of punching. Lack of producing the regular ticket at the moment of a control excludes the lodging of a complaint.
2) Single tickets sold in packs of five – tickets which, after tearing one of them from the pack along the marked perforation and after validation, allow a journey at any point on the route, e.g. from the first to the final bus stop, with no option to change to another public transport vehicle. Failure to produce such a ticket upon ticket control shall invalidate all claims.
3) Time-limited tickets - tickets entitling to multiple journeys on all lines with the possibility to change to other means of transport during the time counting from the moment of validating the ticket. Failure to produce a time-limited ticket upon control shall invalidate all claims.
4) Season tickets - tickets entitling to multiple journeys on lines, for which they are purchased, within a period of their validity determined at the moment of purchase. Season tickets are the following:
- personal season ticket - which can be used only by the person whose personal data are shown on the ticket
- bearer season ticket - which can be used by every person. Failure to produce
a bearer season ticket upon control shall invalidate all claims.
5) Family tickets - tickets for large families, living permanently in Lublin under the same address, with at least five biological or adopted children up to 18 years old, and, if they continue education, up to 25 years of age; in the case of disabled children, without age limit. Tickets can be used by any family member whose personal data are shown on a ticket, travelling individually, or together with other entitled persons, with the following reservations:
- children - all days during ticket validity and in July and August only on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
- parents (children’s guardians) - on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
- failure to produce a family ticket upon control shall invalidate all claims.
An eligible family is entitled to receive three family tickets. These tickets are valid for 12 full months and should be purchased in advance or on the first day of the calendar month which begins the period of their validity.
-PASSENGERS ENTITLED TO TRAVEL FREE OF CHARGE
-ENTITLEMENT BASIS/DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING ENTITLEMENTS
- Members of Parliament and Senators
- MP and Senator’s Identity Card
- War and military disabled people whose disability results from their voluntary military service and disabled people who were victims of war-time and post-war repression
- Identification booklet of a war or military veteran, or the identity card of a repressed person – issued by the disability payment body
- Guides accompanying war veterans, military persons and disabled people who were victims of the war and post-war repression considered as severely disabled, e.g. “completely unable to work or to manage for themselves”
- Identification booklet of a war or military veteran, or the identity card of a repressed person – produced by a disabled person
- Attendees of special kindergartens and schools or students of special and integrated units together with their guardians when travelling to and from school, with the restriction of travelling by the shortest route
- Kindergarten identity card – MENiS - II/181/2;
School identity card – MENiS-II/182/2;
School identity card – ART-II/293/3
- Guardian – certificate issued to the student’s guardian – MI-I/2002
-PASSENGERS ENTITLED TO DISCOUNTED FARES
-ENTITLEMENT BASIS/ DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING ENTITLEMENTS
- Students* of higher education institutions
- A valid student identification card issued by a higher education institution
- A certificate or valid veteran identification card
- Victims of war and post-war repression
- A certificate or identification card issued by public administration bodies
* Student – a person attending undergraduate studies (bachelor’s or engineer’s degree) or graduate studies (master’s degree) – the Act on Higher Education art. 2, par. 1, point 20 (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] of 2005 No. 164, item 1365).
Municipal Transport Electronic Ticket in Lublin
Modern and functional electronic ticket card. In November 2008 the Municipal Transport Electronic Ticket replaced traditional, paper season tickets.
The electronic ticket is in a shape of standard, plastic, proximity credit card. The user get multiple benefits:
- easy and fast ticket encoding
- safe transactions
- common access to Municipal Transport Electronic Ticket trading points
- a durable card
- possibility of regeneration of stolen or lost card